History of the theater on Tverskoy Boulevard. Chamber Theater. A.S. Pushkin was built in 1914, but in the 1950s it was rebuilt. The new part of the building was built on the site of the cemetery at the church of St. John the Divine. Then the theater's prima Alisa Koonen cursed the chamber building before her death. The ensuing series of failures of the performances, alerted the audience. They began to bypass the performances and the theater itself: the premieres ended in scandals, the performances weakened, and from the audience they hooted and whistled. The legend of the ghost of Alice Koenen did not wait, so in 1991 the theater was consecrated. After the rite, during the play, suddenly an unusually beautiful butterfly appeared in the room, which was spinning over the stage, and then suddenly evaporated. Many consider this the soul of Alice, who removed her curse from the theater.